Thank you for Joining the Challenge
Everyone can participate:
“Making Each Household a DISCIPLING Household”
Our theme for 2020 is “Supernatural Living” – we desire to live and walk by faith and have our lives mirror God’s design for us. With that in mind, we are inviting you to join us on this discipleship journey. This challenge is designed to be done in small groups, so we are encouraging those who are a one member family to join with another family during these encounters.
- Daily Prayer and Praise
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16 NIV)
- Praise and Read scriptures
- Pray “God’s kingdom come, God’s will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”
- Pray for our government and nation
- Pray for our church, pastor, and church leadership
- Pray for your family’s needs and requests.
- Daily Word Study & Discussion
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. “ (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)
Discuss the most recent message and read the scriptures references.
- Wednesday DiscipleU lesson
- Sunday school lesson
- Sunday message
- Daily Offering
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38 NIV)
- Receive an offering each day, allowing each family member to participate
- Pray over the offering and dedicate it to the Lord
- Identify and use a special offering receptacle
- Seek the Lord about how (and to whom) you will give your seed
- Weekly Fellowship
“not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25 NIV
Family fun is important for connecting and catching up with one another. Each family member should participate in planning fun activities. This should also be a time of encouraging and speaking to one another a good word that builds up and blesses.
- Weekly Service
“A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25 NIV
Pray and ask God about who he wants you to serve and bless. Some options include:
- Writing an encouraging letter or note to someone as God leads you to.
- Encouraging Calls or Texts
- Giving at the gas pump/grocery store
- Purchasing gift cards or gifts
Let those you bless know God was thinking about them when you asked Him who He wanted you to give to.
Keep a journal. Track your family’s progress. Be prepared to share them when we celebrate the end of S.L.I.C.E. You can also post testimonies as they happen on social media and tag us:
Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t let distance prevent your connection- FaceTime and Zoom video conferencing are free tools available to assist you. We are excited about how our relationship with God will strengthen and grow as we spend this time with each other.